Catit Design Senses Food Treat Maze Review For Ferrets?
As popular as ferrets are, there are just not as many products specifically designed for ferrets as there are for cats or dogs. That being the case, I am always on the lookout for pet products that may work well for ferrets—one such product is the Catit Design Senses Food Treat Maze.
The Catit Design Senses Food Treat Maze is designed for cats, but can be a fun and stimulating toy and feeder for ferrets!
The way the Catit Design Senses Food Treat Maze Toy works:
- Food/treats go into the maze.
- Your ferret reaches in, or climbs in one of the openings and moves pieces of food or treats from the top of the maze tree to the bottom.
- As the food or treats move through the maze, they collect in the food tray at the base of the feeder toy–ready to be eaten.
A rotating disc inside the maze allows you to increase or decrease the openings for different levels of challenge and variety to keep your ferret interested.
The Catit Design Senses 2.0 has a new and improved design with increased stability over the previous model.
Is the Catit Design Senses Food Treat Maze a toy for ferrets or a feeder for ferrets?
Since ferrets are curious and love to climb into things, it can be either or both. If you feed your ferret dry food or treats, it can be used as a feeder and as a toy. If you just want to use it as a toy, your ferret may enjoy climbing in and out of the openings.
To give you a better idea of how the Catit Design Senses Food Treat Maze works in action, watch this short video. Unfortunately it stars a cat, not a ferret–but you will get the idea.
Catit Design Senses Food Treat Maze Review For Ferrets
Price: Around $20
Size: 13.8” x 12” x 10.6”
Weight: Approximately 2.5 pounds
Catit Design Senses Food Treat Maze Review For Ferrets–Pros
- Appeals to a ferret’s curiosity
- Stimulates a ferret’s 5 senses: sight, smell, sound, touch and taste
- Encourages exercise and play
- Keeps a ferret occupied
- Triggers natural hunting behavior
- Incites a ferret to work for his/her food
- Provides 3 levels of challenge
- The Catit Design Senses 2.0 has increased stability over older models
- Food tray at base for less mess
- Easy to disassemble and clean
- Made of BPA-Free Materials
- Can be used in combination with other Catit products–such as the Catit Senses Water Fountain
Catit Design Senses Food Treat Maze Review For Ferrets–Cons
- Can only be used with dry food or treats–can’t substitute toys for food due to the small openings for the food to go through
- Not specifically designed for ferrets
- Not all ferrets will enjoy it
- Some ferrets may be able to knock it over–especially the older models
Catit Design Senses Food Treat Maze Review For Ferrets–Summary
Catit Design Senses Food Treat Maze Tree Toy can be a fun and entertaining way to feed your ferret. Ferrets may enjoy it because it appeals to a ferret’s curiosity and stimulates a ferret’s sense of sight, smell, sound, touch and taste–and of course, a ferret’s need to climb into everything.
Give it a try! I’d love to hear about your experiences with the Catit Design Senses Food Treat Maze.
You can buy it HERE.
10 thoughts on “Catit Design Senses Food Treat Maze Review: Is It Good For Ferrets?”
Wow, what a cool little contraption. I have a cat that eats her food wayyyyy too fast and often ends up throwing up afterward because of it. This seems like a great idea to keep her busy and make her work a little bit for her food! Thanks for putting this on my radar.
Thanks for visiting, Craig. The Catit Design Senses Food Treat Maze definitely helps slow down meal time. If you try it out, I’d love to here about your experience.
Wow what a great way to get your pet into active eating.
I think is get a little lazy for our pets to eat of a bowl without working for it. This will help with that.
Thanks for sharing.
Thanks for stopping by and taking the time to write a comment.
I have just got myself a pair of black sable ferrets and they are the first one i have ever had so im still learning all about them, i have bookmarked your website so i can keep referring back to it when i get stuck. Would I need to buy more than one of these catit food mazes if iu were to get more ferrets?
I’m happy to hear you added 2 ferrets to your home. I have never had a problem with my ferrets sharing. They will probably have fun playing with the Catit Design Senses Maze together.
Wow, this actually looks amazing! I think that the ferrets will go nuts for it. I was just surfing on your website, but the design of this Catit food treat maze caught my eye. I bookmark your page! 🙂 Can’t wait for the paycheck!
Thanks for checking out ferret lovers–all things ferret. Let me know how the Catit Design Senses Food Maze works out for you.
What a cool little contraption–The Catit Design Senses Food Treat Maze.I don’t own a ferret but I do own a cat and would love have this for him. But ferrets are cool little animals, I would love to own one. Would cats and ferrets get along?
Thanks for stopping buy, Juan. Yes, you should try one for your cat. I also have a review for the In regard to ferrets getting along with cats, read this article .